REMODELING…WHAT TO EXPECT
- UPON SIGNED CONTRACT – DEPOSIT ON MATERIALS
- ORDER MATERIALS (1 week unless it’s special order)
- CONTRACTOR SCHEDULE AND PREP FOR DEMO
- AFTER DEMO, It’s time to see if any work is needed behind walls, below floors and above ceilings. Plumbing, electrical (including housings), heating and air conditioning rough-ins, sound-baffling, insulation, and any subfloors. Typically we like the plumber to go first, followed by HVAC and electric pros. Next, patch, tape, and drywall for smooth exterior surfaces.
- PAINT, INSTALL FLOORING & MOLDING. Some contractors like to install flooring, while others start this step with priming and then painting a first coat before the room is put back together (to avoid paint getting on new purchases).
- ADD IN CABINETS AND APPLIANCES. Cabinets are installed next then templates are made for countertops with cutouts positioned for appliances such as sinks. Faucets and recessed can trims are installed and then other appliances.
- PUT ON FINISHING TOUCHES. Decorative detailing follows. Final painting, papering, backsplashes, floor sealing, light fixtures, hardware, and any other touch ups.